Hordle Radio & Electrical was formed in 1947 and these corrugated shops were built onto the front of Argyll House. The shops were demolished in 1959 and replaced with the more modern parade shown below. With the proliferation of electrical superstores, the retail side of the business became unprofitable, and a small building to the side of the shop became the office of Hordle Electrical in the 1970s. Their former shop was occupied by Hordle Bakers from that time.
The photo below was taken on 15th November 2003, showing the partially demolished parade of shops.
The view a year later, taken on 28th November 2004, shows the newly completed 3-bedroom 'cottages' awaiting occupation.