New Milton - an Online Record

15 & 17 Spencer Road


Old Photographs |  Changes |  15 & 17 Spencer Road

15 and 17 Spencer Road, New Milton
15 and 17 Spencer Road, New Milton

These two bungalows, built when Spencer Road was developed in the 1920s, are shown on Boxing Day 2004 prior to commencement of demolition. The bungalows are located opposite the entrance to the car park at the rear of the Somerfield supermarket, originally Fine Fare, and then Safeway until February 2005.

The bungalow on the right, number 15, was originally known as "Holmcroft". In the 1935 Stone & Burgess's New Milton Directory, the owner was listed as K.L. Uphill, the proprietor of the well known upholstery and soft furnishings business in Old Milton Road. Later owners were A.W Hoyle and J.K Watson.

Number 17, on the left, was originally named "Sundown". Local street directories showed just two owners between 1931 and 1958, Miss M.L. Glover and Mrs P.K.J. Daish. The compilers for the 1958 Lymington Borough Street Directory were apparently somewhat confused as they showed two number 17s!

In February 2005: the bungalows had been demolished and awaited building work.

Building work completed - April 2006
Building work completed - April 2006


Old Photographs |  Changes |  15 & 17 Spencer Road

Copyright 2000- Malcolm Bailey. Website built with Actinic Catalog by Artisan Internet.